Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
The Sales Director is responsible for establishing the sales targets to meet IBS objectives by developing strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization. The Sales Director oversees daily sales activity, meets with major clients, provides sales reports, designs new and more effective sales strategies, and works to market and promote IBS products and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement an agreed upon sales and marketing plan for the Line of Business, which will meet/exceed our business goals and expand our customer base.
- Ensure new business revenue goals and objectives are met and are linked to appropriate messaging, targeting, and outreach channels.
- Create professional and effective proposals and presentations, develop comprehensive RFP responses resulting in new business.
- Proactively pursue targets, and develop strategic relationships with key contacts from prospects.
- Represent the company at trade shows and other industry events to maintain a national and regional presence and to generate valuable leads
- Accurately record and report all sales activities as directed, primarily using Salesforce.
- Work to foster lasting relationships and expand opportunities within client base
- Network with prospective clients to persuade them to bring their business to the company.
- Mentor, lead and oversee the activity of junior sales associates.
- Devise new and innovative ways to market products and services.
- Assist in designing marketing and promotional materials both in print and online.
- Utilize insights and market intelligence to help identify new selling opportunities and conduct independent research into target consumer base.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of Hospitality distribution landscape and connectivity
- Experience with B2B solutions using value based and consultative selling
- C level selling and engagement; executive presence - conveys a meaningful message with confidence and assertion
- Identify and evaluate key strategic trends, opportunities, and risks with a particular focus on how we can drive greater value and market share
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – writing, speaking and presenting clearly and in a compelling manner in front of small and large audiences.
- Self-motivated, self-aware and able to drive collaborative success with limited guidance.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex concepts to both executive leadership and operational teams.
- Results-oriented and an appetite for driving business impact, in a highly autonomous role.
- Team player – creates a climate of inclusion and implements inclusive strategies to bring a diverse set of perspectives to the team
- Product knowledge - Demonstrate detailed knowledge of IBS products and services
- Sales coaching skills - able to engage and teach while demonstrating accountability for results
- Experience in Digital Marketing preferred
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hospitality, Sales and Marketing or related field.
- Online Travel a plus
- Minimum of 5 years selling enterprise travel technology solutions
- Minimum of 5 years sales and sales management experience
Must be authorized to work in United States and hold a valid passport
This position requires frequent travel, more than 50%. Most travel is outside the local area and overnight. Some of the travel is international.
At IBS you can look forward to:
- Operating with the brightest minds in the industry
- Receiving global exposure
- Benefiting from continuous learning programs
- Performance-based career growth
- Competitive compensation, company paid employee benefits, vacation, sick and personal leave, company matched 401k
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
IBS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law. IBS as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.