Job location: Montreal, Canada
The Senior Software Developer will join the Montreal IBS Software Canada Team in Montreal, IBS’s new center of excellence for optimization. This team focuses on developing a suite of customized crew planning and optimization solutions that balance airline interests with those of planners and crew members.
The Senior Software Developer will contribute to the design and implementation of micro services focused on serving our airline planning suite with intelligent backend services. This position reports to the development manager of core products and will work closely with the R&D team to deliver mission-critical software components. The ideal candidate will possess a variety of skills required for solving large-scale problems with distributed systems, including strong algorithmic thinking, complexity analysis and concurrency control.
This is a very hands-on position where the ideal candidate will not only drive the adoption of new technologies, but also work side-by-side with fellow developers to implement new product features and ensure high-quality development practices. He/she must respect project deadlines and ensure software quality meets the company’s standards. Excellent communication skills are required, as the position requires close collaboration with fellow developers, architects and product managers.
- Analyze, design and develop new features,
- Modify, optimize or refactor existing code,
- Act as a reference in distributed systems / microservices,
- Contribute to the development of teammates.
- B.Sc. (M.Sc. is an asset) in Computer Science or Computer Engineering,
- Experience with large / complex / distributed systems,
- Strong algorithmic thinking and problem-solving skills,
- At least 5 years of experience in software development,
- Experience with Linux, Python, REST APIs, Docker and Kubernetes,
- Familiar with version control concepts,
- Team oriented, results oriented, with strong customer focus,
- Excellent communication skills in French and English, both written and spoken.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Send Resume to:
Cynthia Hoffman - Manager, Human Resources