Job location: Montreal, Canada
The SW QA Developer will join the Montreal IBS Software Canada Team in Montreal, IBS’s new center of excellence for optimization, data sciences and machine learning. This team focuses on developing a suite of customized crew planning, management, and optimization solutions that balance airline interests with those of planners and crew members.
At IBS, you will become part of a dynamic team focused on delivering exceptional results. Driven by a set of foundational core values and a collaborative approach, you will have the ability to exceed yourself. IBS provides a work environment in which talented and skilled individuals can thrive.
Brief overview of the position and its impact to the organization:
SW QA Developer is responsible for designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics. This is a very hands-on position where the ideal candidate will not only drive the QA activities but also work side-by-side with fellow developers during the implementation of our products and our customers while ensuring high-quality development practices. He/she must respect project deadlines and ensure software quality meets the company’s standards. Excellent communication skills are essential, as the position requires close collaboration with fellow developers, Business Analysts, Product Managers, architects, and customers.
The ideal candidate will possess a variety of skills including but not limited to the utilization of formal software quality assurance (SQA) methodologies, and standard software development practices to design and construct test suites. This position reports to the development manager and will work closely with the Product Development team and customers to implement, configure and deliver mission-critical software components.
- Reviews documents that describe user requirements, such as the functional specifications document, site development plan, etc.
- Creating detailed, well-structured test plans and test cases to assure that developed products meet the design specifications and are within total quality management limits and standards.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts.
- Collaborate with development teams to understand the product requirements.
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure consistent project execution.
- Participates in the writing of test procedures used during the client's acceptance of the product.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Identify, analysis, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Review user interfaces for consistency and functionality
- Research and analyze product features being tested
- Identify any potential problems that users might encounter
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Actively participates in the agile scrum process.
- Identify key KPIs for product quality.
- DEC or bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies.
- Knowledge of the WINDOWS or UNIX environment.
- Experience in aerial planning is an asset.
- Knowledge of database management software such as ORACLE, postgres is an asset.
- Experience using continuous integration tools such as Jenkins is an asset.
- Knowledge of testing tools is an asset (Cucumber, SoapUI, Selenium, Postman etc...).
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or exploratory testing is a plus
- Time management skills
- Be open to receiving constructive feedback and turning it into process improvements
- Great interpersonal and communication skills in French/English, spoken and written.
- Team player, results-oriented with an emphasis on customer approach.
- Autonomous, able to work in a high-productivity environment with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
You could also apply in confidence by writing to:
Manager - HR
IBS Software (P) Ltd.
Nila, Technopark Campus
Trivandrum - 695 581
Ph: +91 0471 6614796 / 4763
*Freshers Recruitment : Currently through Campus placement only.